Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Response to: Freeman Article

The rubric presented in this article is something I would love to use with my own classes, not only for a single culture, but for all students alike! The questions are in depth, and they not only tell me if the reading choices were appropriate for my classroom, it will also help the students realize just how much they might have related to the story themselves. From there maybe they can learn something new about themselves.

The story of Fransisco's growing fascination in english literature was very inspiring. I have been so afraid of teaching English to those who have difficulty, but to have all these examples I feel encouraged.

Freeman, Yvonne and David. "Connecting Students to Culturally Relevant Texts." Taking Points
15.2 (April/May 2004): 7-11.

No comments: