Monday, February 25, 2008

Today's Class...

I really think we are headed in the right direction! I loved allot of the ideas presented in todays lecture. Giving the children freedom of choice in project is something that we have been taught in most classes either worded one way or another, but a few of these projects brought up today could be very good recommendations for those students who have trouble coming up with ideas. The toy box was really neat, the journals, the newspaper articles, were all great ideas to start with and grow off of, or to spark ideas as we present some books. I really liked the idea with having each students take a role of Street Love, and I would love to expand on that idea, maybe even make a craft lesson on what I"m brainstorming, we will see.

Some of the books brought up were books I definitely want to take a second look at when I go to the library either later today or tomorrow (depending on how the wind calms down). I have read so many neat adolescent books this semester. Maybe sometime this week if anyone wants a couple of students could get together at my house, (my hubby is outta town) and I could make a little dinner and we could do a book talk for the adolescents...anyone like that idea? It would have to be Wed. or Thurs. evenings. We could do it another week too if this week is just not going to work for anyone (if anyone wants to do it in the first place).

No comments: