Monday, March 31, 2008

Exciting news I wanted to share with my fellow education majors...

Jackie will probably be the only one that will fully know why I am just SO ecstatic about this. I was trying to find the way to get just the job I wanted my first year of teaching so today I went about emailing everyone I know at the local college, the teachers from where I went to Jr. High (Abell), and some teachers here at tech to ask for advice on how to get my foot in the door. My first response was from Midland College, and it was that in addition if I wanted they wanted to have me on as staff there!!!! Already?! It's in a study basics class, and I would be helping freshmen and sophomores achieve success just like my mentor did for me! I was so excited I was crying!

4 comments:

René Saldaña, Jr. said...

Jessica: what an awesome foot in the door! Congrats! It's always a great load off one's shoulders when we know we're walking into a job after school.

Jackie T said...

WOW, Jessica, that's awesome! I knew you wanted to teach at a college, so there you go! I am sure this will be an amazing experience for you, and what a nice feeling it must be to already have a job!! Congratulations:):)

ashjoh said...

Yay Jessica! How Exciting! That is such a great opportunity!

Michael White said...

Wow! Congrats!